Reason for blog

" I Blog4Peace"

on NOV 4th I am involved with "BlogBlast for Peace"

"It isn't enough to talk about peace. One must believe in it. And it isn't enough to believe in it. One must work at it." - Eleanor Roosevelt



Wednesday, August 31, 2011

#64 /100 Reasons I Blog4Peace / hateful coloring book

 Doesn't anyone pay attention ? What happened to trying to write the truth ?  I planned a different blog today ...
But I am going to explode if I don't get this out now!




The very ink with which all history is written is merely fluid prejudice. 
~Mark Twain, Following the Equator


Too many historical writers are the votaries of cults, which, by definition are dedicated to whitewashing warts and hanging halos.  ~Thomas A. Bailey

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to fulfill it" George Santayana

  It has become too easy to see that the luckless men of the past lived by mistakes, even absurd beliefs, so we may well fail in a decent respect for them, and forget that historians of the future will point out that we too lived by myths.  ~Herbert J. Muller, Freedom in the Western World


Legend:  A lie that has attained the dignity of age.  ~H.L. Mencken

And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. John 8:32  King James Bible
digging for the truth can be hard
 Okay I think I took enough time finding these quotes above to calm down to write something myself. 
Before my second cup of coffee I had gotten so Angry I had to go outside to try to get my blood pressure from boiling! 
So what got me so mad you ask ? Would you believe a coloring book ?

An author named "Wayne Bell"  is ringing a bell of Hatred !


 Bell has written a children's Coloring book packed with lies! Calling it History! Yes it is his-story but not facts ! 


It is teaching Hate and Racist values in my opinion. 

This coloring book for kids,  tells a " history lesson" of terrorist attacks on the United States and the war on terrorism to an extreme degree , which is Filled with propaganda ?


He said "9/11 Coloring Book Seeks To Tell Kids 'Truth' About Terrorism" . 
I say it is filled with Hype and Hate . you can click this link to see some of the pages.

'We Shall Never Forget 9/11' Kids Coloring Book - Graphic Coloring Novel

this book Offers Hate Not Hope

a child's coloring book that has to be rated PG?

Rated PG - Parental Guidance Suggested 

This is a quote from this sick man that wrote it !
Bell said "people's feedback to that page has been positive. Parents tell him that when they show their kids that image, they understand that "we got him." "If you bomb our country, America will chase you 'til the very end," he said. "That's what it shows." Bell insists it's not ideological, described himself as a "very liberal" guy, and his company has published all types of books.



I say ...

The American History books were taken from the schools because they were Full of Bias writings ,racist, sexist, ethnocentric, and down right Lies. 
These are what I was taught as a  child !?? Lots of these lies are still believed and taught to kids from people that still believe them because it was in our School books . 
Remember the one that  "Columbus Discovered the Earth is Round" ?  check this link out...

The 5 Most Ridiculous Lies You Were Taught In History Class

 I like this ... It gives me hope.

Civilization is a stream with banks. 

The stream is sometimes filled with blood from people killing, stealing, shouting and doing the things historians usually record, while on the banks, unnoticed, people build homes, make love, raise children, sing songs, write poetry and even whittle statues.  
The story of civilization is the story of what happened on the banks.  Historians are pessimists because they ignore the banks for the river.  
~Will Durant


Friends all I can say is Read what you buy for your kids !
Many years ago , I bought 20 coloring books for a Sunday school class called "Old Testament  stories" it said it had the Ten commandments shown on 2 pages ... only 9 were there ,plus one of those were written wrong ! ? I later looked to realize they were made in China.   


Well that is my rant today on why I blog for Peace.
If  people can get away with publishing lies and hate to children ...We are always going to have wars and lives being destroyed. 


Till tomorrow 
Wishing Peace and Blessings upon You all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing...
You can share opinions just don't get ugly .
All negative comments will be deleted .
If you are here to add bad vibes,
You are at the wrong place .
Peace

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...