Reason for blog

" I Blog4Peace"

on NOV 4th I am involved with "BlogBlast for Peace"

"It isn't enough to talk about peace. One must believe in it. And it isn't enough to believe in it. One must work at it." - Eleanor Roosevelt



Saturday, August 27, 2011

#68 /100 Reasons I Blog4Peace / Monopoly part2


 this is what got me on a roll about Monopoly ...
after writing the first post a few days ago 
#72/100 Reasons I Blog4Peace / Taxes and deficit/Monopoly
I saw the message below .... how could I not think I needed to learn more? 
 By Franklin D.Roosevelt
Once it is realized that business monopoly in America paralyzes the system of free enterprise on which it is grafted, and is as fatal to those who manipulate it as to the people who suffer beneath its impositions, action by the government to eliminate these artificial restraints will be welcomed by industry throughout the nation.
For idle factories and idle workers profit no man.

Would FDR's Second Bill of Rights have been good for America?

I am not an trained writer , I am just a woman that wants to see a change for the better and just " ONE DAY of Peace "
in My Lifetime ! 
When I was a kid Monopoly was a fun game. 


Growing up in America I am learning about the Real Monopoly that the grown-ups play and this is not fun.
I have always tried to look for familiar examples when teaching my children about a topic. 
For this reason when a topic comes to mind for me, I look for articles written by others about it to See what others think too. 
So I went to my Local news sources first , then to the internet.
Sadly our local paper tends to be very swayed to the republican right and the only place I can get an example of anything else is normally the editor section? 

Then I found this one from a family here 
It’s time for us to BUY American?
To the Editor:
We just returned from a wonderful family trip to Ireland. It is a beautiful country both scenically and welcoming.
I am not going to extol either of these features because they are well-known but I am going to refer to something that both shocked and amazed us including our daughter, son-in-law and four grandchildren ranging in age from 12 to 19.
The pride that was shown by everyone we met in their country and its products was overpowering. For example, on the menu was written Irish butter used exclusively, hamburgers made with Irish beef, the beers were Irish especially Guinness. The tee shirts were made in Ireland.
I remember when products made in the USA were prized worldwide and why has this changed. My son-in-law’s Aunt Helga in Germany used to come to the United States to buy her towels because they were the BEST. Try and find a towel made here now.
I think it is time for us to BUY American. Is it possible? If not, where are the entrepreneurs that can make this happen? Factories can be reopened and people can go back to work with the proviso that they make quality goods HERE.
I am checking every label from now on and maybe we will not be buying very much in the near future because we as a family want to start a trend.
Maybe you can join us starting today.
MR. AND MRS. HARRY KANE

Sanford
Read more: Sanford Herald

I will have more on this topic tomorrow, this is giving me the blues .
Till then, May Peace and Blessings be upon you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing...
You can share opinions just don't get ugly .
All negative comments will be deleted .
If you are here to add bad vibes,
You are at the wrong place .
Peace

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...