Reason for blog

" I Blog4Peace"

on NOV 4th I am involved with "BlogBlast for Peace"

"It isn't enough to talk about peace. One must believe in it. And it isn't enough to believe in it. One must work at it." - Eleanor Roosevelt



Friday, September 16, 2011

#49 /100 Reasons I Blog4Peace / PEACE CONTAGIOUS

Khalil Gibran is one of my favorite authors and artist . I have tried to get every book of his !  I dream of having a piece of his art one day . 




If I see a "Prophet" book at the thrift store I get it just to give to someone else ! 


Close to the Brazilian Embassy is  a tribute to the magnificent Lebanese poet and philosopher Khalil Gibran.
Cast in the marble of the memorial are these words from Gibran :

“I love you, my brother, whoever you are
Whether you worship in your church,
Kneel in your temple, or pray in your mosque.
You and I are all children of one faith,
Fingers of the loving hand of one Supreme Being
A hand extended to all.”


Here are some passages that bring Peace to me. 


PEACE CONTAGIOUS by Khalil Gibran

One branch in bloom said to his neighboring branch, "This is a dull and empty day." And the other branch answered, "It is indeed empty and dull."
At that moment a sparrow alighted on one of the branches, and the another sparrow, nearby.
And one of the sparrows chirped and said, "My mate has left me."
And the other sparrow cried, "My mate has also gone, and she will not return. And what care I?"


Then the two birds began to twitter and scold, and soon they were fighting and making harsh noise upon the air. All of a sudden two other sparrows came sailing from the sky, and they sat quietly beside the restless two. And there was calm, and there was peace.


Then the four flew away together in pairs.


And the first branch said to his neighboring branch, "That was a mighty zig-zag of sound."
And the other branch answered, "Call it what you will, it is now both peaceful and spacious. And if the upper air makes peace it seems to me that those who dwell in the lower might make peace also. Will you not wave in the wind a little nearer to me?"
And the first branch said, "Oh, perchance, for peace' sake, ere the Spring is over."
And then he waved himself with the strong wind to embrace her.







 “Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.”
― Khalil Gibran


“The optimist sees the rose and not its thorns; the pessimist stares at the thorns, oblivious to the rose.”
― Khalil Gibran


May Peace and Blessings be upon You.

pictures from internet search

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing...
You can share opinions just don't get ugly .
All negative comments will be deleted .
If you are here to add bad vibes,
You are at the wrong place .
Peace

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...