Reason for blog

" I Blog4Peace"

on NOV 4th I am involved with "BlogBlast for Peace"

"It isn't enough to talk about peace. One must believe in it. And it isn't enough to believe in it. One must work at it." - Eleanor Roosevelt



Monday, September 5, 2011

#62 /100 Reasons I Blog4Peace/ We Have to Unite

I found this in the Sanford Herald from a young man that gives me some hope for the next generation , I just hope he doesn't loose his !.  


LETTER: To be No. 1, We Have to Unite
to the editor .
For years now, we have heard politicians at every level talk about compromising and civility. During one of the worst financial calamities in a long time, Washington seems isolated and carefree.

Some say blame Bush, some say blame the democrats, and some say blame Obama. I say we should stop pointing fingers and put their heads together.

Until we stop looking at one another as liberal or conservative or black and white, we will never succeed.

We are all Americans with opinions. Diversity is what makes us great.

I may only be 17 years old, but I understand that if we want to remain No. 1 in the world, we have to work together here.

Before we go and preach civility and compromise to the world, we should practice it here at home.

I am white and conservative, but I don’t see myself that way.

I am an American, and I love my country and all its people.

Instead of looking at someone and saying “It’s your fault,” you should say, “It’s our problem, let’s work together and fix it.”

SCOTT PAYNE

Lee County High School

Peace and Blessings be upon you !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing...
You can share opinions just don't get ugly .
All negative comments will be deleted .
If you are here to add bad vibes,
You are at the wrong place .
Peace

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...