Reason for blog

" I Blog4Peace"

on NOV 4th I am involved with "BlogBlast for Peace"

"It isn't enough to talk about peace. One must believe in it. And it isn't enough to believe in it. One must work at it." - Eleanor Roosevelt



Thursday, October 27, 2011

#10/100 Reasons I Blog4Peace/friendship

made with real flowers ,see the peace sign made with fern

Peace can come to us in many ways . I have been dealing with some extreme pain in my right arm lately and it flares up worse if I spend any time on the computer too . not good...
I got a sweet note from a friend that was checking on me and somehow knew I needed a smile and she sent this lovely poem .
She is one of my closest Buds . Flower -bud that is !

-- from Rebekah Smith of www.flowerox.com  She loves Peace too:>)
She is also the president of the wonderful guild we are both in World Wide Pressed Flower Guild . 

anyway here is the inspiring poem she sent


This is what you should do:
Love the earth and sun and animals,


despise riches, give alms to everyone that asks,
stand up for the stupid and crazy,
devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants,
argue not concerning God,


have patience and indulgence toward the people…
reexamine all you have been told in school or church or in any book,


dismiss what insults your very soul,
and your flesh shall become a great poem.

- Walt Whitman, excerpt from the preface to Leaves of Grass

May Peace and Blessing be upon You!

1 comment:

  1. awwwwwwww!:-)...hope you're feeling much better:-)

    love,

    me:-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and sharing...
You can share opinions just don't get ugly .
All negative comments will be deleted .
If you are here to add bad vibes,
You are at the wrong place .
Peace

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...