Reason for blog

" I Blog4Peace"

on NOV 4th I am involved with "BlogBlast for Peace"

"It isn't enough to talk about peace. One must believe in it. And it isn't enough to believe in it. One must work at it." - Eleanor Roosevelt



Monday, January 16, 2012

# 7/100 Reasons I Blog4Peace / Martin Luther King Jr. made me Believe


I had to come out of hibernation to say ,"Happy Birthday to 
Martin Luther King Jr. 

The thought came to me sitting here this morning as I saw all the events set for MLK Day . 
"where would We Americans & the World be today without Martin? His beliefs , I am not talking about religion , I am talking about His BELIEFS.
something believed;  an opinion or conviction: example : a belief that that all men are equal  .
 





After seeing a couple tributes on TV this morning and hearing the Ultimate "I Have a Dream" quote ...it brought thoughts of the speech that touched me as strongly.
I was only 2 when this speech from Martin was originally spoke .It was later that I heard it ...I was a small mixed child that knew the effects of poverty and racial diversity .
The quote highlighted below, I could relate to strongly . 


It's good to my heart to know that the next Generations ahead X ,Y, Z and beyond will have his words to give them strength too.







I found this part of his Nobel Prize speech at this link


Martin Luther King Jr.
I refuse to accept the cynical notion that nation after nation must spiral down a militaristic stairway into the hell of thermonuclear destruction. 

 I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality. This is why right temporarily defeated is stronger than evil triumphant.

 I believe that even amid today's mortar bursts and whining bullets, there is still hope for a brighter tomorrow.
 I believe that wounded justice, lying prostrate on the blood-flowing streets of our nations, can be lifted from this dust of shame to reign supreme among the children of men.

I have the audacity to believe that peoples everywhere can have three meals a day for their bodies, education and culture for their minds, and dignity, equality and freedom for their spirits.

 I believe that what self-centered men have torn down men other-centered can build up. 

 I still believe that one day mankind will bow before the altars of God and be crowned triumphant over war and bloodshed, and nonviolent redemptive good will proclaim the rule of the land. 

"And the lion and the lamb shall lie down together and every man shall sit under his own vine and fig tree and none shall be afraid." 
I still believe that We Shall overcome!
 I hope you will share this with others , to keep his message of peace going.

 May Peace and Blessings be Upon You. 

here is a video of a few Future Peace Builders 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing...
You can share opinions just don't get ugly .
All negative comments will be deleted .
If you are here to add bad vibes,
You are at the wrong place .
Peace

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...